Director, environmental advocate and explorer of deep seas, James Cameron, recently went to REDDIT and talked about everything from Titanic, to Aliens, Prometheus, his Entourage cameos and how to combat climate change. Below, you can read eighteen things we took away from his AMA, or you can read the entire thing on Reddit here.
1. He changed the sky in Titanic after Neil DeGrasse Tyson pointed out that it was wrong.
2. He liked the depiction of him on South Park.
3. His favourite guilty pleasure film is Resident Evil.
4. He, of course, still maintains only one person could have fit on the door in Titanic.
5. That eating animals accounts for 14.5% of greenhouse gas emissions.
6. He enjoyed Prometheus, but also acknowledges its faults.
7. Filmmaking is a form of therapy.
8. He’s legitimately thought about who would win in a Na’vi VS. Alien Queen VS. T-800 Terminator.
9. He can’t sing like Celine.
10. He liked Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
11. Avatar 2, 3 & 4 will all go into production simultaneously.
12. He is interested to see how virtual reality could be incorporated into film (as are we!).
13. His thoughts on 48FPS.
14. 2001: A Space Odyssey was a huge inspiration for him.
15. He hates cucumbers.
16. Fox basically took away the possibility of Aliens 5.
17. Star Wars wins over Harry Potter.
18. Ducks can fuck you up.