STOP EVERYTHING YOU’RE DOING.
THE 8TH DOCTOR. HIS OUTFIT. THE BANTER. SISTERHOOD OF KARN. JOHN HURT.
I CAN’T EVEN SPEAK RIGHT NOW.
The BBC has released the first of two mini-episodes in the lead up to the 50th Anniversary episode (The Day of the Doctor), in what could be the most brilliant 6-minutes of November thus far.
This post will now become my rambling thoughts whilst watching the 6-minutes of awesome.
– Paul McGann, you were brilliant! Plus, snazzy outfit.
– “The front crashes first, think it through.”
– Low blow. Time Lords and Daleks are very different.
– Paul McGann, you’re lovely.
– The Sisterhood of Karn. Not seen since the Tom Baker era.
– Four minutes. The Doctor has done more with less.
– BRING ME KNITTING. Hello Eleven. Well, at least that made me think of when Eleven talks about knitting.
– You’re so witty and sarcastic Paul McGann.
– Man or woman. Lady Doctor. What would that be like?
– Poor Cass. You’re so dead right now.
– Warrior. I think I know where this is heading.
– HELLO JOHN HURT.
That’s where John Hurt fits in! He is between the 8th and 9th Doctors. However, upon taking the elixir the 8th Doctor chose to become a warrior, stating that there was no more need for the Doctor. Perhaps this is why Christopher Eccleston keeps his title as the 9th Doctor? Or is he being shafted to number 10, and so on? John Hurt does say “Doctor no more” though.
My head hurts.
Bonus: Can someone explain to me, how does he have that many regenerations? Because he regenerated via an elixir, does that not count?