– Atonement and Anna Karenina director Joe Wright is in talks to direct a Peter Pan origin story for Warner Bros. With the script being written by Jason Fuchs, the story will follow an orphan who is taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the saviour of the natives and leads a rebellion against the evil pirates.
Should the project go ahead, it will compete with another Pan origin story being cooked up by producer Joe Roth at Sony, PLUS another prequel with Gary Ross already attached, Peter And The Starcatchers, over at Disney.
– If you’ve dreamed of ever wielding a lightsaber, you may have a chance! Disney are accepting online video auditions for Star Wars: Episode VII! They’re casting for the characters of “Rachel” and “Thomas” (fake names, obviously).
Enter in your email address on the site to get some watermarked, and probably fake, sides that kinda-sorta remind us of a certain Peeta/Katniss scene in The Hunger Games, with less sexual tension.
Understandably, there is little information given about these “Rachel” and “Thomas” characters but here is what they’re searching for:[box] RACHEL (Young woman to play 17-18 Years old. Must be beautiful, smart and athletic. Open to all ethnicities):
- Was quite young when she lost her parents. With no other family, she was forced to maker her way alone in a tough, dangerous town. Now 17 she has become street smart and strong. She is able to take care of herself using humour and guts to get by.
- Always a survivor, never a victim, she remains hopeful that she can move away from this harsh existence to a better life. She is always thinking of what she can do to move ahead.
THOMAS (Young man to play 19-23 years old. Must be handsome, smart and athletic. Must be over 18):
- Has grown up without a father’s influence. Without the model of being a man, he doesn’t have the strongest sense of himself. Despite this, he is smart, capable and shows courage when it is needed. He can appreciate the absurdities in life and understands you can’t take life too seriously. [/box]
PLUS the release date has been announced: December 18th, 2015. Mark it in your calendars y’all.
– Kate Upton is being eyed for the female lead in the Entourage movie. The model-turned-actress will probably play a model-turned-actress and love interest for Vinny Chase (Adrian Grenier) if it’s following the same formula it did for the TV seasons, whereby all his female love interests were eerily similar and essentially had all the same arcs.
Contract disputes significantly delayed production of the film, though all the main actors have now reportedly closed their deals and filming is slated to get underway early next year. Lloyd and Ari Gold would have never let that happen.
– Is it conceivable? Disney is looking into making The Princess Bride into a stage production.
Disney Theatrical Productions has made the announcement that they will work closely with author William Goldman to craft the stage version, though there is no word as of yet on whether it will be in play or musical form. Disney honcho Alan Horn released this statement:
[box]“My involvement in The Princess Bride goes back to 1987 and it has always been close to my heart. For all those years and a few more, I’ve been friends with the brilliant Bill Goldman, and to now have a stage production of this film in development at Disney is honestly a dream come true. It couldn’t be in better hands than those of the experienced Disney Theatrical team led by Tom Schumacher.”[/box]
Yeah, when this happens, we’re crossing the pond to see it.
– Over the weekend, Yahoo hosted a live and online fan event for Man of Steel, where director Zack Snyder talked very briefly about the upcoming sequel Batman VS. Superman. We know that British actor Henry Cavill will be reprising his role as Superman and that Ben Affleck has been cast as Batman (causing the online Batapocolypse), but we know little of how they will interact in the film. Snyder says that they won’t be a dream team from the get-go:
[box]“The fun of the idea is to be able to play with that relationship. Whether they fight and become friends, or whether they’re friends and they fight… Of course, some physical conflicts [will be involved].”[/box]
Snyder also talked about the involvement of Lex Luthor in the next film and how the character will relish drawing the public’s attention to the “alien” nature of Superman. We’re hoping that they’ll announce who will be playing Luthor (please let it be Bryan Cranston) soon, as a hero is only as good as their villain.
SHORT, BUT SWEET:
– TWO trailers for the upcoming Doctor Who episode ‘The Day of the Doctor’ have been released AND a 14-second clip that tells us nothing! Awesome!
– Cobie Smulders has confirmed that she will be returning in The Avengers: Age of Ultron as Agent Maria Hill, but doesn’t know exactly how involved her character will be in the movie:
[box]“I think I’m in Avengers 2, but it is very top secret. I hope I’m in Avengers 2. I didn’t get my invitation yet. Well, actually, they know I’m in it but they don’t know to what degree I’m in it.”[/box]
– Rumours are circling that Emilia Clarke is testing for the role of Sarah Connor in the upcoming Terminator reboot, directed by Alan Taylor. As for Tom Connor, Tom Hardy is the rumoured frontrunner for the role.